Printed from: City of La Habra, California: Visit La Habra's Parks and Bikeways
City of La Habra, California

Online Services


Subscribe to News:

Email:

Print this page:


Bookmark and Share
HOME >> City Services >  Parks > 

Visit La Habra's Parks and Bikeways

LA HABRA CITY PARKS

1. Constitution Plaza Park - 1150 E. Whittier Blvd.
Constitution Plaza is an urban open space located at the intersection of Harbor Boulevard and Whittier Boulevard.  It is 0.55 acres.  It serves as a memorial and an urban design feature marking the end of Whittier Boulevard and Harbor Boulevard. It does not serve as a recreational park.

  • 0.55-acre park
  • Landscaped planter
  • Three large flag poles with park benches to reflect the City’s history


2. Corona Park - 735 W. Fifth Ave.

  • 0.18-acre neighborhood park
  • Picnic area
  • Playground equipment and small turf area


3. Descanso Park - 170 N. Fonda Ave.
Descanso Park is a one acre park located off Stearns Avenue just east of Harbor Boulevard. It includes a small playground area and serves as a neighborhood park for the adjacent residential neighborhood.park_picture

  • 1-acre neighborhood park
  • Children’s playground area
  • Concrete sidewalk for walking, shaded with trees
  • Small turf area for children to run and play


park_picture4. El Centro-Lions Park - 320 E. Erna Ave.
El Centro-Lions Park is located at 320 Erna Avenue and is the oldest park in the City.  The City acquired the park in 1948 from the Lions Club.  The park is 3.98 acres in size and is located near the civic center, just across from Orange Street. It serves as a focal point of the community with an annual Corn Festival on the first Saturday in every August. The festival draws about five thousand people to come into the park and enjoy themselves with a variety of events.

  • 3.98 acre neighborhood park
  • Two playgrounds
  • Restrooms
  • Two basketball courts
  • Large patio area
  • Barbecues
  • Sinks
  • Corn Festival in August


5. Esteli Park - 2251 E. Brookdale Ave.
Esteli Park is located north of East Brookdale Avenue at the far northeast corner of La Habra.  It is 9.76 acres in size and is adjacent to Ladera Palma Elementary School. The park was dedicated in 1976 to commemorate the City of Esteli, which is a sister city of La Habra. Esteli Park is an active park and includes a football field and two baseball diamonds with bleachers and a concession building.

  • 8.4 acres developed and 1.3 acres of natural undeveloped park
  • Football field
  • Turf area
  • Two hardball fields
  • Landscape planters and trees
  • Snack Bar and Restrooms


6. Guadalupe Park - 381 S. Walnut St.
Guadalupe Park is located at the northwest corner of South Walnut Street and is adjacent to the railroad. The 4.93-acre linear park and greenbelt includes a playground, an outdoor exercise course, The Gary Center, and a boxing club within Guadalupe Hall.

  • 2.5-acre developed and 2.4 acres of undeveloped nature park
  • Paved bike trails
  • Open space planted with native California plants
  • Drinking fountains
  • Picnic facilities
  • Bike paths
  • Small playground
  • Fitness course


7. La Bonita Park - 1440 W. Whittier Blvd.
The City of La Habra purchased the 22.6 acres of La Bonita Park in 1957, and development was initiated in 1960.  The park includes picnic facilities, playgrounds, restrooms, softball fields, a skate park, a girl's pavilion, and the Boys and Girls Club.  There are four lighted baseball diamonds and a large open field.

The Boys and Girls club within the park is a quasi-public recreational facility which is largely supported by grants.  The club is focused primarily toward teen-aged activities and charges a nominal fee ($5) for membership which enables the use of its gym, its many classrooms and programs.  The programs include cultural enrichment classes, health and physical education programs, professional development and educational classes, social recreation, and citizenship and leadership programs. The club also features an after school van pool pick-up program to bring its members to the club after school.

There are three on-site parking lots for the park. One at the north end is directly off of Whittier Boulevard, one is at the south end of the park off Grenada Drive at West Hanline Way, and the third is on the east end of the park off of Idaho Street.

  • 20 acres developed and 2 acres undeveloped neighborhood park
  • Picnic facilities
  • 2 Restrooms
  • New playground facilities
  • 4 lighted softball fields
  • Skate park
  • Roller hockey facility
  • Basketball Courts
  • Home to Girl Scouts, Child Development Center, and the Boys and Girls Club
  • Snack bar
  • Landscaped trail that follows stream bed


8. Las Lomas Park - 841 S. Euclid St.
The 2.2 acre Las Lomas Park was developed in 1968. Las Lomas Park provides picnic facilities, a restroom, and a playground for the adjacent residential neighborhood. The park is adjacent to Las Lomas School.playground

  • 2.2-acre neighborhood park
  • Playground facilities
  • Picnic areas
  • Barbecues
  • Restrooms
  • Dirt oval walking course
  • New irrigation system and landscaping, playground & restroom


    9. Leslie Park - Imperial Hwy. and Leslie St.
    Leslie Park is a small park of 0.53 acres.  It is an open area that was a remnant parcel from a realignment of Leslie Street. It functions as a landscaped open space. The adjacent areas are commercial and industrial areas.

    • 0.53 acre natural open space area with trees and turf


    10. Loma Norte Park - 2051 E. Brookdale Ave.
    Loma Norte Park is located immediately west of Ladera Palma School. It is 4.86 acres in size. Ladera Palma School is also adjacent to Esteli Park to the east.

    • 4.86-acre neighborhood park
    • Playground facilities
    • Picnic areas
    • Restroom
    • Drinking fountains
    • The park is built on three levels with a concrete walkway connecting all levels
    • New playground facilities
    • Barbecues


    11. Loma Verde Park - 501 S. Walnut St.
    Loma Verde Park is 1.6 acres in size within a triangular shaped lot.  This land was acquired in 1972 and now includes a basketball court, a multi-purpose play field that allows an overlay of a soccer field, BBQ grills, and picnic tables.  There is also a small amount of on-site parking within the park.

    • 1.6 acre neighborhood park
    • Playground facilities
    • Picnic areas
    • Basketball court
    • Trees and turf area
    • New playground
    • Barbecues


    12. Montwood Park - 231 E. Montwood Ave.
    Montwood Park is located on Montwood Avenue, just east of South Euclid Street. It is a small park of 0.60 acres. The park also functions as an open space for the adjacent neighborhood.

    • 0.60 acre neighborhood park
    • Two playground facilities
    • Picnic areas
    • Tree and turf area
    • Park benches
     

    13. Oeste Park - 2300 W. Lambert Rd.
    Oeste Park is 4.56 acres in size and was developed in 1965. The park includes two playgrounds, restrooms, BBQ grills, picnic tables, and drinking fountains. Olita School is adjacent to the park, and access is readily available from the school. Therefore, the park is especially popular with children and parents. There is on-site parking off Lambert Road, as well as from the adjacent neighborhood off Glenhaven Drive.

    • 4.56 acre neighborhood park
    • Two playground facilities (one for toddlers and one for older children)
    • Barbecues
    • Picnic facilities
    • Gravel walkway for exercise
    • Park benches
    • Tree and turf area
    • Drinking fountains


    14. Old Reservoir Park:
    Old Reservoir Park is a small park of 1.09 acres in size. It is located off Brookdale Avenue, just west of Fullerton Road. The park is near Arbolita School which provides larger recreational grounds for the neighborhood.

    • 1.09 acre neighborhood park
    • Picnic facilities
    • Landscaped planters
    • Tree and turf area
    • Park benches
     

    15. Old Settlers Park - Euclid St. / La Habra Blvd.
    This park is a small 0.07 acre landscaped area located at the northwest corner of Euclid Street and La Habra Boulevard.  The Park is completely landscaped and has no open lawn area.  Nearby there is a historical plaque marking the former location where former President Richard Nixon opened his first law office in La Habra, at the site of the current La Habra Community Center.

     

    16. Osornio Park - 1500 N. Hacienda Road:

    • 5.0 acre neighborhood park
    • Basketball courts
    • Tree and turf area


    17. Portola Park - 301 S. Euclid St.
    Located in the central part of the city, the 10.08-acre Portola Park is located north of West Electric Avenue and west of South Euclid Street. It was developed in 1975. Portola Park is a popular park due to its many facilities. It includes the Children's Museum at La Habra that attracts many visitors from throughout Southern California. The museum is also used as a teaching facility by teachers from many areas. The park was also the site of an old railroad station which has been rehabilitated to house the Children's Museum. The museum has recently expanded and includes a new building that extends the old railroad station and has kept its architectural integrity.

    Within the park there are also two City-operated day care centers that serve approximately 600 children.  The park includes enclosed playground facilities for the day care centers and a community theater which provides a venue for plays and theatrical productions. There is also the La Habra Tennis Center which includes 12 lighted courts, a pro shop, and locker facilities. The center provides private court rental and lessons for various age groups. The park also has three ball fields with bleachers and an open area for picnic use on the northern side of the park. All of these uses share a single parking lot.

    • 10-acre neighborhood park
    • Three hardball fields
    • Playground facilities
    • Picnic facilities
    • Park benches
    • Asphalt and concrete paths
    • Snack bar
    • Restrooms
    • Two daycare facilities
    • Depot Theatre
    • An outdoor stage
    • La Habra Tennis Center
    • The Children’s Museum at La Habra
    • Barbecues


    18. Richard’s Park - 701 S. Clifton St.
    Richard's Park is a small open space of 0.28 acres in size, located at the intersection of Lambert Road and Euclid Street. The landscaping features a water conservation landscape.

    • 0.28 acre natural open space
    • Landscaped planters
     

    19. San Miguel De Allende Park - 981 N. Euclid St.
    San Miguel De Allende Park is a neighborhood park and provides picnic facilities and playground. The park serves as the primary open area and park for the surrounding residents.

    • 2.99 acre neighborhood park
    • Playground facilities
    • Picnic tables
    • Drinking fountain
    • Tree and turf area
     

    20. Terraza Park - 450 S. Dexford Dr.
    Terraza Park is located at the west side of the city and was developed in 1976. It is a 2.39 acre park. The park includes picnic facilities, an open grass area, and a playground with play apparatus.

    • 2.39 acre neighborhood park
    • Playground facilities
    • Picnic facilities
    • Drinking fountain
    • Tree and turf area
    • Barbecues


    21. Town Center Park - Main St. / First Ave.
    This park is a small open area at Main Street and First Avenue. It serves as an open lawn area of 0.21 acres to the north of the intersection.  A short walk north to La Habra Boulevard and west to Euclid street will bring you to Historical Site No. 29 commemorating the route of the original El Camino Real.  Spanish for The Royal Road and also known as The King's Highway, the historical route from the Spanish colonial era connected 21 missions and other sites in the former Alta California.  The plaque also marks the birthplace of La Habra when the first post office naming this settlement La Habra was granted in 1898 and established on the site of the plaque.  


    22. Vista Grande Park - 1001 W. Las Lomas Drive.
    Vista Grande Park is 13.85 acres in size and was acquired by the City in 1959.  Vista Grande Park is located south of Lambert Road and east of Idaho Street. The park includes a wilderness area and bird sanctuary.  The park is primarily an open space, and it is used for jogging and informal play by residents of the neighborhood.

    • 13.85 acres undeveloped
    • Dirt walking path

     

    23. Vista Del Valle (Westridge) Park - 1005 W. Risner Way

    • 9.7 acre neighborhood park
    • Gazebo with display cases
    • Decomposed granite paths
    • Small turf area
    • Park benches
    • Great for hiking and walking


    24. Vista Del Valle Park - 1600 S. Idaho St.
    Visa Del Valle is the City's newest park. It is located at the southern boundary of the City, off of Idaho Street. The park is 26.68 acres in size and was developed in 1995.  The park provides restrooms, picnic facilities, playgrounds, a gazebo, and scenic view to its adjacent residential development. The park is popular for its exercise walking trails.

    • Natural park
    • Two playgrounds
    • Gazebo Picnic Area
    • Barbecues
    • Restroom
    • Drinking Fountains
    • Turf areas with landscaped planters



    LA HABRA BIKEWAYS

    CLASS I BIKEWAYS (off-street paved bike paths)

    1. Coyote Creek Bikeway - 2001 W. Imperial Highway
    Coyote Creek Bikeway is a Class I, 0.8 mile long bikeway that runs along the Eastern bank of the Coyote Creek storm channel between Imperial Highway in La Habra ending at Hillsborough Road in La Mirada. This newly constructed bikeway was opened in 2011.

    2. Guadalupe Park Bikeway - 381 S. Walnut St.
    Guadalupe Park Bikeway is a Class I, 0.45 mile long bikeway that runs through Guadalupe Park between Walnut Street and Idaho Street.
     


    CLASS II BIKEWAYS (on-street striped and signed bicycle lanes)

    3. Idaho Street Bike Path
    On Idaho Street, there is a 3.6 mile, Class II bikeway that runs South from Sandlewood Avenue and continues into Fullerton. In Fullerton, this bikeway continues onto Gilbert Street, Castlewood Drive, and Parks Road. The bikeway then splits with one fork ending at Bastanchury Road and the other fork ending at Malvern Avenue.  This bikeway connects with the Class I Robert Ward Nature Preserve bikeway in Fullerton where Castlewood Drive ends at Parks Road.
     
    4. Lambert Road Bike Path
    The Lambert Road Bike Path is a 1.3 mile, Class II bikeway that runs East from Beach Boulevard and ends at Clifton Street in La Habra.

    5. Palm Street Bike Path
    On Palm Street, there is a 0.5 mile, Class II bikeway that runs South from Whittier Boulevard and ends at La Habra Boulevard in La Habra.

    6. Whittier Boulevard Bike Path
    On Whittier Boulevard, there is a 0.7 mile, Class II bikeway that runs East from Harbor Boulevard ending at Tropicana Way in La Habra.



    CLASS III BIKEWAYS (on-street shared-lane signed bicycle routes)

    There are several Class III bikeways that may be found in La Habra.  Please visit this OCTA Bikeway Map link to the OCTA website for a detailed map of bikeways in La Habra and the rest of Orange County.

Print this article. Email this article.

footer

Contact | Home | Disclaimer

|Site Map