La Habra Headlines
Initial Study for City Ventures La Habra Civic Center Infill Housing Project
City Ventures is proposing development of for-sale homes, on either of two potential development sites in the City of La Habra Civic Center area, and the City of La Habra is proposing to relocate City Hall. Please review document by clicking here.
- Community Survey for the City of La Habra Consolidated Plan 2015-2020
- Development Projects List
The Planning Department now provides a listing of pending development projects which require discretionary permits from the Planning Commission and or City Council. The list is updated monthly.
Copies of the Planning Commission Agenda and Minutes are available online on the Agendas & Minutes webpage. Planning Commission meetings are held every second and fourth Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers.
If you have any questions about the projects listed, please contact the case planner.
- Winter Youth Vollyeball League
The City of La Habra Community Services Department will offer its annual six-week winter youth volleyball program, "Spike It Up," beginning on February 7, 2015. This program is open to boys and girls ages eight through 13 years. Register at the La Habra Community Center. For more information, please call (562) 383-4200.
- Operation Santa Helps La Habra Families In Need
The annual Operation Santa program makes the holidays a little bit brighter for local families in need. Operation Santa accepts donations of non-perishable food, toys, gift cards and monetary contributions to provide food and gifts to the families identified by the local City school districts and the City's Child Development programs. These items are collected and sorted at the Operation Santa headquarters by volunteers and City staff. The items are distributed to the families at a special event at the La Habra Community Center.
- City to Host Its First Tamale Festival
The City of La Habra will host its first Tamale Festival on November 30th, from 12:00 to 6:00 p.m. at the Community Center, 101 W. La Habra Blvd. Jimmy Reyes of92.3 Hot Radio will be the emcee. Activities will include food contests, entertainment, vendors, and a kids' area. Admission is free. For more information, please call 562-383-4200.
- Breakfast with Santa
Enjoy Breakfast with Santa Clause at the Children's Museum at La Habra. Dates are Saturday, December 6th and Sunday, December 7th, with seatings at 8:30, 9:45 and 11:00 a.m. Price: Kids $10 (under 2 years free, lap sitting only, Adults $12, Children's Museum members receive a $2 discount per person.
- Orange County Vector Control Public Health Advisory
WARNING: Flea-borne Typhus has been detected in La Habra and other parts of Orange County.
Fleas found on cats, dogs, raccoons, and opossums can carry the bacterium that causes flea-borne Typhus in humans.
- City Christmas Tree Lighting
The City of La Habra will hold its annual Holiday Tree Lighting on Monday, December 1st, at 6:00 p.m. on the steps of City Hall, 201 E. La Habra Blvd.
- Citizens' Academy
The La Habra Police Department is proud to offer the Citizens' Police Academy to local residents. Designed to increase the understanding of the Police Department's operations, the Academy is conducted, twice annually, over a six-week period.
- If You See Something, Say Something
Orange County is a great place to live and work. Let’s keep it safe by being aware of our surroundings, using common sense and reporting questionable objects or activity to the proper local law enforcement authorities. This means If You See Something, Say Something™.
- Black Friday Kid Drop/Parent Shop
Parents, get your holiday shopping done, while your kids enjoy a day that is all about them!
- Kids' Night Out
Parents can enjoy an evening out, while their kids ages 4-13 years enjoy a fun-filled evening at the La Habra Community Center.
- 11/26/2014 11:00 AM 11-3pm Little Picassos
- 11/27/2014 12:00 PM Museum CLOSED for Thanksgiving
- 11/28/2014 06:00 AM Black Friday Kid Drop/Parent Shop
- 11/28/2014 09:00 AM Museum closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
- 11/29/2014 11:00 AM 11am Space out Craft
- 11/30/2014 12:00 PM Tamale Festival
- 11/30/2014 01:00 PM Clay-date Sunday
- 12/01/2014 09:00 AM Museum CLOSED Today
- 12/01/2014 11:00 AM Family Art Center Closed
- 12/01/2014 06:00 PM City Holiday Tree Lighting
How Do I:
- Agendas & Minutes
- Children's Museum
- Documents & Forms
- Fee Schedule
- Job Opportunities
- Development Projects List
- Municipal Code
- Business License Renewal
- City Officials Compensation
- Employee Compensation for all City Staff
- Employee Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)